Louis Tomlinson Arrested After Paparazzi Squabble

On Friday, Louis Tomlinson was arrested in LAX for getting into a confrontation with a member of the paparazzi. His lawyer said the photographer was liable.

Over the weekend One Direction’s member had been under arrest after getting involved in an incident at the Los Angeles International Airport. Tomlinson was taken into police custody after attacking a paparazzo and being tangled in another argument concerning a fan and his girlfriend, Eleanor Calder.

At the moment, the photographer has yet to comment. The altercation took place while the One Direction star was in the baggage claim area with Calder. A police representative said Tomlinson was surrounded by paparazzi and there was some shoving and pushing.

One of the snappers fell down and said he hurt himself. Afterwards, Tomlinson was placed under arrest and later charged with simple battery.

“The paparazzi provoked and caused the altercation that occurred with Louis,” the artist’s lawyer, Martin Singer, said to the media. “While the altercation was going on with the paparazzi, three other individuals were attacking his girlfriend during this incident and he came to her defense.”

Apparently, the photographer was brought to the hospital. But the severity of his injuries is still unknown.

The 25 year-old singer who was with his on-and-off girlfriend, apparently got irritated when a photographer got too close. According to some witnesses, he yanked the photographer by the legs. As a result, they fell backward to the ground and hit their heads.


A source recently said, “The video from the incident shows what really happened and tells the story. Those girls were attacking Eleanor and Louis rushed in and pushed them away. He is adamant everything he did was to protect his girlfriend and that is what he has been telling his friends.”

The source also added, “He can’t say anything public because of the legal situation but he just wants to sort it out as soon as possible and move on.”

Tomlinson was released on a $20,000 bail and a court date has been decided for March 29.





Leave a Reply